Research and Development Tax Incentives for the Electrical Engineering Industry
Electrical engineering firms may not realize that their activities related to the design and development of many types of systems may constitute qualified R&D activities, potentially entitling them to significant R&D incentives. If you think you have to be a manufacturer or software developer to be conducting qualified activities as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, think again.
If your firm is in the electrical engineering industry, there is a strong chance that you could benefit from an R&D Tax Credit study. Let alliantgroup’s engineering experts help you claim the credits that you deserve!
Examples of activities and innovations eligible for R&D tax incentives include the following:
- Developing electrical systems for new construction projects
- Conducting electrical renovation projects
- Creating CAD drawings
- Conducting one-line diagram development
- Designing control systems
- Overseeing programming logic control (PLC Programming)
- Conducting SCADA programming
- Designing electrical equipment
- Designing traffic signal system
- Designing power systems
- Designing security systems
- Designing fire protection systems
- Designing telecommunications systems
- Achieving LEED certification and conducting energy efficiency research
- Designing critical power systems
- Creating uninterruptable power supplies
- Conducting robotic product development
alliantgroup’s Engineering Industry Specialization Team
In order to better serve electrical engineering firms, alliantgroup has developed an Industry Specialization Program that focuses on the qualification and quantification of R&D tax benefits for companies operating in the engineering industry, in which we include electrical engineering. alliantgroup’s Engineering Specialization Group employs individuals who have educational backgrounds and practical experience within the disciplines of civil engineering, structural engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering. alliantgroup has qualified and quantified credits for firms ranging from small, startup firms to large, multi-national corporations.