As an advocate for innovators everywhere, alliantgroup is proud to help light that spark for the next generation of Black engineers, scientists and inventors by developing the alliantgroup Black Collaborative (aBC) STEM Scholarship Program. The aBC’s mission is to promote Black Excellence through engaging Black in our Houston-area community, empowering Black alliantgroup professionals to reach their leadership goals, and expanding alliantgroup’s search for talented professionals to include dedicated recruiting efforts at Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Congratulations to our Fall 2021 STEM Scholarship Recipients!
2021 ABC WINNERS
- Chandler Jones
- Alexandria Dorsey
ALL INNOVATION STARTS THE SAME WAY, WITH JUST A SPARK OF INGENUITY!
With the growing need for technical talent within the country coupled with the underrepresentation of Black professionals in STEM fields, alliantgroup and the alliantgroup Black Collaborative have created a program to incentivize Black students who are entering higher education to pursue careers in STEM and become the innovators of tomorrow.
• This scholarship is open to Black High School Seniors in the Greater Houston Area with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Eligible students must be enrolled in a two to five year institution by the Fall 2022
• Eligible students must plan to pursue a degree in a STEM field
• Previous alliantgroup STEM scholarship winners are not eligible
• Previous alliantgroup STEM scholarship applicants must re-apply
Read below for additional eligibility information
Address the following in an essay:
• How has your passion for STEM fueled your educational goals?
• How will this scholarship help you reach your goals?
• What pushes you to work hard academically?
• What has inspired your career path?
• What historical Black figure has influenced you and why?
• How do you plan to use your education to positively impact the black community?
• Share fun facts about yourself!
• Why should we chose you?
Application Submission Package:
• Written Essay (Required)
• Video Essay (Required)
• Transcript (Required)
• Letter of Recommendation (at least one required)
• Resume (Required)
• SAT/ACT Test Score (Optional)
Candidates must provide any personal information, as needed, to alliantgroup, LP and authorize the firm to publish their names and application videos on one or more of the firm’s websites, marketing materials and social media outlets. Upon accepting the scholarship, the recipients will also agree to attend an award ceremony and allow alliantgroup, LP to use their complete name, a picture, the name of their university and high school for the announcement of scholarship winners. Applications and supporting documentation will not be returned to applicants and become the property of alliantgroup. alliantgroup has the right to refuse and/or retract any scholarship application or scholarship award at any time. Refusal/retraction can be based on, but not limited to, inaccurate or incorrect information provided in the application or failure to meet any of the above requirements.
If you have questions, please send an email to [email protected]. Please do not use the Live Chat, Contact Us Form, or call alliantgroup for scholarship-related questions. Thank you for your cooperation.