RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TAX INCENTIVES FOR THE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING INDUSTRY
It’s an unfortunate truth that far too many mechanical engineering firms fail to realize that their activities may constitute qualified research and development (R&D) activities under the tax code, potentially entitling them to significant R&D tax credits. If you think you have to be a pharmaceutical company, designing a space shuttle, or operating in a laboratory to be conducting qualified activities as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, think again.
If your firm is in the mechanical engineering industry, there is a strong chance that you could benefit from an R&D Tax Credit study. Let alliantgroup’s engineering experts help you claim the credits that you deserve!
Examples of activities and innovations eligible for R&D tax incentives include the following:
- Designing and installing heating and air conditioning systems
- Developing ventilation systems
- Designing plumbing systems
- Designing piping systems
- Installing fire protection systems
- Conducting new product development and design
- Designing and developing equipment
- Fabricating or designing pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, etc.
- Designing chillers, boilers, fire heaters, etc.
- Installing refrigeration systems
- Developing engineering drawings and specifications
- Performing CAD modeling
- Achieving sustainable design
- Introducing new or improved construction techniques
- Researching new wastewater treatment trends
- Conducting fluid dynamic analysis and design
- Designing pollution control systems
- Developing air quality detection and system
- Exploring new toxic waste disposal processes
alliantgroup’s Architecture & Engineering Industry Specialization Team
In order to better serve engineering firms of all kinds, alliantgroup has developed an Industry Specialization Program that focuses on the qualification and quantification of R&D tax benefits for companies operating in the engineering industry. alliantgroup’s Engineering Specialization Group employs individuals who have educational backgrounds and practical experience within the disciplines of architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering. alliantgroup has qualified and quantified credits for firms ranging from small startup firms to large, multinational architecture and engineering firms.