Building System Controls
Research and Development Tax Incentives for the Building Systems Control Industry
Building systems controls companies and may not realize that their activities related to the design and development of many types of systems may constitute qualified R&D activities, potentially entitling them to significant R&D incentives. If you think you have to be a manufacturer or software developer to be conducting qualified activities as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, think again.
If your firm is in the building systems controls industry, there is a strong chance that you could benefit from an R&D Tax Credit study. Let alliantgroup’s contracting experts help you claim the credits that you deserve!
Examples of Aerospace Innovations Eligible for R&D Tax Incentives Include the Following:
- Developing schematic drawings for integration of system components
- Designing of electrical wiring and layout for installation of control systems
- Designing coordination and value engineering in plan-spec and design-assist projects
- Designing input through RFIs, ASIs, and change orders
- Sequencing of system operations
- Programming of control systems
- Testing of systems to meet site requirements including false loading, air balance, and acoustics
alliantgroup’s Engineering and Contracting Industry Specialization Team
In order to better serve building systems controls companies, alliantgroup has developed an Industry Specialization Program that focuses on the qualification and quantification of R&D tax benefits for companies operating in the engineering and contracting industry, in which we include building systems controls businesses. alliantgroup’s Engineering and Contracting Specialization Team employs several individuals who have educational backgrounds and practical experience within the disciplines of civil engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and contracting. alliantgroup has qualified and quantified credits for firms ranging from small, startup firms to large, multi-national corporations.