Research and Development Tax Incentives for the Electrical Contracting Industry
Electrical contracting companies may not realize that their activities related to the design and development of many types of systems may constitute qualified R&D activities, potentially entitling them to significant R&D incentives. If you think you have to be a manufacturer or software developer to be conducting qualified activities as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, think again.
If your firm is in the electrical contracting industry, there is a strong chance that you could benefit from an R&D Tax Credit study. Let alliantgroup’s contracting experts help you claim the credits that you deserve!
Examples of activities and innovations eligible for R&D tax incentives include the following:
- Exploring means, methods and construction techniques development
- Preparing structure and facility design for constructability
- Developing and improving construction equipment development
- Utilizing Building Information Modeling
- Designing LEED/Green Initiatives
- Designing HVAC systems
- Designing electrical systems
- Utilizing BIM modeling for sub-system coordination
- Conducting Request for Information Process (RFI’s)
- Utilizing value engineering
- Conducting voltage drop calculation
- Measuring electrical conduit bending specifications
- Assessing aluminum or copper wire determinations
- Installing electrical insulation
- Performing conduit wire overheating calculations
- Conducting table tray support and configuration
- Performing services design and testing
alliantgroup’s Engineering and Contracting Industry Specialization Team
In order to better serve electrical contracting companies, alliantgroup has developed an Industry Specialization Program that focuses on the qualification and quantification of R&D tax benefits for companies operating in the engineering and contracting industry, in which we include electrical contracting. alliantgroup’s Engineering and Contracting Specialization Group employs several individuals who have educational backgrounds and practical experience within the disciplines of civil engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and contracting. alliantgroup has qualified and quantified credits for firms ranging from small, startup firms to large, multi-national corporations.