GHWCC is a nonprofit organization of highly influential and diverse women and men dedicated to the advancement and empowerment of women through avenues of leadership, education, advocacy and mentoring.
Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce (GHWCC)
STEAM TOWN USA
alliantgroup is a proud sponsor of the STEAM Town USA program, which is an after‐school program that seeks to increase exposure of third grade girls to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) and encourages girls to pursue STEAM careers.
Women in the Fast Lane of STEAM Style Show
In September 2020, alliantgroup hosted and sponsored their annual, Women in the Fast Lane of STEAM Style Show & Luncheon (broadcast virtually that year). This event celebrates Houston’s leading executives and entrepreneurs in STEAM Careers and the event will benefit multiple programs of the GHWCC.
Casey Curry – Board Member
alliantgroup Corporate Citizenship Director Casey Curry serves on the the Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce (GHWCC) Board. Casey is a member of the GHWCC Education Committee which supports initiatives such as the “Love What You Do” mentorship program and STEAM Town USA.
The Chamber is passionate about educating young women and exposing them to professional growth opportunities. The “Love What You Do” program gives college junior and senior women an opportunity to be mentored for a semester by professionals in their chosen field.
Accounting for Kids (AFK) - Cincinnati, OH
alliantgroup’s Strategic Advisory Board member, Crystal Faulkner is the founder of Accounting for Kids, a non-profit organization that helps students garner the skills necessary to make smart financial decisions, while also engaging local professionals to become tutors and mentors through the Cincinnati Youth Collaborative.
- For the past 20 years, Accounting for Kids has delivered their financial literacy program in the Greater Cincinnati area to nearly 45,000 students in more than 1,600 classrooms with the help of more than 10,000 volunteers.
- In November 2019, alliantgroup was a sponsor of the Accounting for Kids program. During the event, we had some alliantgroup professionals serve as volunteers during their mentoring accounting program at Winton Hills Academy, an underserved school in Cincinnati.
Illumination Foundation - Los Angeles, CA
Illumination Foundation’s mission is to provide targeted, interdisciplinary services for the most vulnerable homeless clients in order to disrupt the cycle of homelessness in Southern California.
- In March 2020, alliantgroup was a sponsor of the Illumination Foundation’s annual fundraiser, OC Chef’s Table. At that event, alliantgroup also awarded a $5,000 college scholarship for a formerly homeless student who plans to become a teacher and give back to the community.
Nebraska FFA Convention Agriscience Fair – Lincoln, NE
In 2020 and 2021, alliantgroup LP Co-Sponsored the Nebraska FFA Convention Agriscience Fair (broadcasted virtually this year).
- The Nebraska FFA Agriscience Fair recognizes students who gain real-world, hands-on experiences in agricultural enterprises. Students use scientific principles and emerging technologies to solve complex problems related to agriculture, food, and natural resources.
Comp-U-Dopt is a non-profit organization that distributes refurbished computers that were donated by corporations to families in need. Comp-U-Dopt also provides technology-based after school programming.
Computer Adoption Program
- Through this program, lightly used donated corporate computers are converted to a Linux operating system, loaded with freeware education programs and given to deserving applicants in the 3rd through 8th grade.
- In May 2019, alliantgroup donated over 100 company-retired laptops, monitors & docking stations to students in need in the Houston area.
Women in Tech Forum
- Hands-on tech forum for female high school students to learn technical skills including sessions on coding, hardware, and engineering circuits.
- During the event in February 2020, students were paired with corporate women in STEM fields, including two of our own alliantgroup scientists so they could learn about their education and career paths.
Kinder Institute for Urban Research
The Kinder Institute for Urban Research is an organization housed at Rice University that focuses on research, data and policy analysis of urban issues in Houston, the American Sun Belt and around the world. The Kinder Institute hopes to engage civic and political leaders to implement solutions to critical urban issues, including education, governance, housing, mobility and transportation, resilience, and demographics.
- In May 2020, alliantgroup was proud to be a sponsor of their annual luncheon (broadcasted virtually this year), where Dr. Stephen Klineberg presented the findings from the 39th Kinder Houston Area Survey.
Career Day Speakers
Many of our alliantgroup engineers and other STEM specialists have participated in multiple career day speaking engagements in Houston.