Business Activities That May Qualify
- Evaluation of alternative means & methods as well as construction techniques
- Structure and facility plans for constructability
- Construction equipment development and improvement
- Integrating LEED and sustainable initiatives
- HVAC and electrical system coordination
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) for subsystem coordination
- Analysis of the functions of a design directed at improving performance, reliability, quality, safety and/or life cycle costs
- Request for Information process (RFIs)
- Mechanical equipment sizing and value engineering
Annual Revenue: $30 Million
The company accepted projects to develop and design solutions by improving value and constructability for new facilities and additions and improvements to existing facilities. Each project was undertaken to develop unique solutions for a combination of several aspects spanning the disciplines of architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering, among others. Because of the unique combination of project requirements, the company developed new and improved design solutions and construction methods for each project with respect to a variety of functional and performance criteria.
Annual Revenue: $49 Million
The company took on this project to construct a life center for a Catholic school while the school and church remained operational. They evaluated various flooring systems to determine the optimal finishes for application internally and externally. Per the client’s request, the company constructed the façade to closely resemble the exterior of the church by salvaging old stone and worked to match the brick. Next, they constructed the optimal drainage system, which required them to cut concrete and reshape the ground.
Annual Revenue: $195 Million
This company undertook this project to install a mechanical system including HVAC and plumbing for an old air force base. They found the optimal process of removing the existing equipment from a small mechanical room located in the attic and installing new equipment in the same limited space. The company assessed the weight and size of all to ensure that it would not exceed the roof support system. They determined the optimal ductwork measurements and location to fit the ductwork within the tresses.