RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT TAX INCENTIVES FOR THE PORK PRODUCTION INDUSTRY
Many agricultural businesses, such as pork production, are unaware that the government offers generous research and development (R&D) incentive programs, or they may believe that such programs do not apply to agricultural companies. Even those that are aware often fail to capture the full extent of R&D tax credits to which they are entitled. If you think you have to have a PhD and a laboratory to be conducting qualified activities as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, think again.
Has your operation produced new or improved products recently? Have you modified product formulations and/or production processes or made other improvements to the efficiency of your operation? If the answer is yes, then there is a strong chance that your agricultural company could benefit from an R&D tax credit study. Let alliantgroup’s agriculture experts help you claim the credits that you deserve.
Examples of pork production industry innovations eligible for R&D tax incentives include the following:
- Evaluation of new and improved nutritional programs and feed formulations to enhance pig performance
- Development of barn improvements including ventilation, spacing, feeding systems and pig group flow
- Evaluation of alternative swine genetics packages to enhance pig performance, including average daily gain, feed conversion, and reduce mortality
- Improvements to animal care practices, including new vaccination protocols and bio-security programs
- Experimentation with new feeding techniques and methods
- Creating new and improved techniques to ensure product quality
- Developing new production process specifications or techniques for the production of new pork products
- Developing new machinery and equipment for the production or testing of pork products
- Testing prototype samples for analytical and microbiological qualities
- Developing quality assurance processes to meet food safety regulations including HACCP
alliantgroup’s Agriculture Specialization Team
In order to better serve companies in the agriculture industry (including pork production), alliantgroup has developed an Agriculture Industry Specialization Program that focuses on the qualification and quantification of R&D tax benefits for companies operating in the diverse areas that comprise agriculture. This group includes individuals with extensive experience in agriculture-related industries.